- Scope: Superstructure
- Steel Members: Plate Girders
- Trumbull Corporation and Michael Baker
Scudder Falls Bridge
High Steel fabricated 12,232 tons of structural steel for the Scudder Falls Bridge replacement project.
The new bridge consists of two, 1,850-foot steel plate girder structures carrying six lanes of through traffic and three auxiliary lanes on I-295 across the Delaware River. The project also included seven ramp and approach bridges.
In addition to the high-capacity river bridge, the project yielded widened approach roadways, safer highway interchanges, a shared-use path for pedestrians and bicyclists, drainage and wetlands upgrades, and an all-electronic tolling facility that keeps traffic moving.
- Bridge Type: Plate Girder
- Steel Tonnage: 12,232 Tons
- Steel Type: ASTM A709 Gr. 50W
- Steel Coating System: Weathering Steel, Partial Paint
- Project Owner: DRJTBC
- Contractor: Trumbull Corporation
- Design Consultant: Michael Baker
- Steel Fabricator: High Steel Structures LLC