CSVT River Bridge
High Steel fabricated and shipped 12,160 tons of structural steel for the 4,500-ft-long CSVT River Bridge, which carries Route 15 across the Susquehanna River in Union County, PA.
The $156 Million bridge is part of PennDOT's $670 million Central Susquehanna Valley Transportation Project, a new 13-mile limited access highway. The project connects PA 147 in Northumberland County to US 11/15 in Snyder County just north of the Borough of Selinsgrove. The project is the largest new highway capacity project in Pennsylvania.
The bridge was opened to traffic in July 2022.
- Bridge Type: Plate Girder
- Steel Tonnage: 12,160 Tons
- Steel Type: ASTM A709 Gr. 50W
- Steel Coating System: Weathering Steel, Partial Paint
- Project Owner: PennDOT
- Contractor: Trumbull Corporation
- Design Consultant: SAI Consulting Engineers
- Steel Fabricator: High Steel Structures LLC