Geometry needs simplification. Creation of details, verification of contract drawing data, and CNC programming generation are components requiring excessive time with complicated geometry.
Five issues to consider in designing economy into the structure are:
1. Rotate boxes with the cross slope
2. Maintain constant trapezoidal shape
3. Maintain constant concrete haunches
4. Horizontal station offsets are preferred
5. Follow centerline alignment even though a spiral curve
See example illustration.